The magnificent Kakadu Plum has the highest recorded levels of Vitamin C of any fruit in the world, measuring up to 100 times the Vitamin C content found in an orange.
Considered a gift of the Dreamtime, the Kakadu Plum is Australia’s star superfood performer. Kakadu Plum has exceptional nutritional and antiseptic properties and has been an important food and medicine in Northern Australia for millennia. From March to June, the local people harvest and consume this energizing, thirst-quenching fruit. Throughout the rest of the year, the tree sap is consumed to treat joint inflammation, whilst the bark is applied to the body to treat burns, rashes and infections.
“Namarrkon is the lightning man. His body is shaped like a praying mantis. He makes lightning flashes with his lightning rods that go around his body. This is his power source, to light up clouds and the sky. Namarrkon has axes on his shoulders and knees. When he comes to earth as a lightning strike, he uses the axes to split trees. We can hear Namarrkon’s thunder from late October. That’s when he tells Aboriginal people that Kakadu Plum is ready to collect and eat.”
– Leslie Nawirridj, Gunbalanya.
- Highest recorded levels of Vitamin C of any fruit in the world, measuring up to 100 times the Vitamin C content found in an orange.
- Due to its extreme potency, you only need 1g of Freeze Dried Kakadu Plum powder to match the Vitamin C content found in an entire orange.
- Exhibits outstanding antioxidant capacity, being 5.2 times more potent than the blueberry.
- Due to its exceptional anti-oxidant composition, it is believed that Kakadu Plum could provide the most powerful Alzheimer’s treatment to date.
- Celebrated for its medicinal properties and is a known antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral agent.
- Avegetarian source of iron and Vitamin E and contains 110μg of folate per 100g – the same amount found in broccoli.
Taste and Smell
The taste of the fruit is tart with a delightful aroma of stewed apples and pears, with some cooked citrus, pickled and floral musk essence. Some say the fruit looks and tastes like an English gooseberry.
The Kakadu Plum can be freeze dried and crushed into a concentrated powder to be used as a nutritional supplement in health foods. The Kakadu Plum in our product range has been freeze dried in order to best preserve its unique, powerful nutritional composition and unique flavour.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.