Dowels are an essential item when creating tiered cakes, including double barrel cakes.
The small poly-dowels are suited to be used as an internal structural support for tiered cakes, in conjunction with a cake board. For added security of handling the heaviest of cakes above, fill the large dowels with 2-4 small dowels.
- Replaces old fashion wood dowels
- Easily cut with kitchen scissors or knife/blade.
- For extra support insert 2-4 small dowels into a large poly dowel
- Easy to see when disassembling and serving the cake
- Hygienic and food safe
- Can also be used for gumpaste flowers- drying tube and applique
- 12 inches length (30.6cm) and 1/4" (7mm) thick.
- Hollow design allows for cake crumb to fill internally rather than being pushed either side, avoiding blow outs on the side of your cakes.
- Channelled design is superior in strength compared to wood and bubble tea straws.
Poly-Dowels are engineered designed plastic dowels for building stacked and tiered cakes. Poly-Dowels patented channel design gives your cakes amazing stability and support while remaining very easy to cut and conform to your needs.
Poly-Dowels® are the Professional's choice for multi-tiered cake support. The small poly dowels can be inserted inside the large poly dowels which gives the Dowel impressive strength compared to other plastic dowelling systems. The beauty of the Poly-Dowels are that they allow the cake to pass through them instead of compressing the cake like conventional dowels.
The plastic that Poly Dowels are made from has been specifically engineered to hold weight. Don't risk your cake structure using bubble tea straws. Poly-Dowels are thicker, and stronger due to the unique internal ridges inside the Poly Dowel.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.