Black as midnight.
Barry Callebaut's Black Cocoa powder is mellow, non-bitter, and extremely black. Using Black Dutch Cocoa will turn your baked goods a beautiful deep, naturally dark black colour.
It contains no food dyes, and is an amazing natural black food colouring agent and dark chocolate flavouring. Unlike black food dyes, it does not stain your teeth or fade towards green.
Black Cocoa is a pure cocoa powder that is heavily ‘Dutched’ or 'Alkalized' which brings the cocoa powder to an alkaline level of 8. It's flavour is reminiscent of Oreo cookies or dark chocolate of the 80% cocoa kind.
Tips for using Black Cocoa:
- For an excellent outcome when baking, we recommend using 2/3 Dutch Cocoa and 1/3 Black Cocoa in a recipe. This will retain the moistness integrity of the cake and a smooth chocolately flavour yet give you that black as midnight look you are after.
- Stir 2tbs into a batch of chocolate buttercream or ganache to colour it super hero black, as a great alternative to gel or liquid food dyes.
- Use with recipes leavened with baking powder (as it does not react with bicarb soda to produce carbon dioxide).
- Use 2tbs of black cocoa with your standard vanilla cake mix, to give a rich black colour with an Oreo flavour.
- 100% cocoa with no food colourings added - great for people with food colour allergies and does not result in green teeth!
Ingredients: 100% Black Cocoa
Does not contain gluten, dairy, egg, nuts or sugar.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.