For those who welcome the health, safety and environment friendly factors that plastic offers, the Vented Plastic Bread Proofing Baskets are ideal.
The round 20cm size is perfect to create loaves 500-700g in weight.
Many years of development have gone into the production of the Plastic Proofing baskets from Herbert Birnbaum (Germany). Each basket has over 80 "vents", which allow the dough skin to breathe during proofing (emulating rattan), for better crust appearance and development. This also aids in easily releasing the dough from the basket, prior to baking.
- The basket coils provide a beautiful shape and décor for a traditional hearth loaf look
- Each rim has delicate grooves enabling flour to stay firmly in place, when flouring the baskets
- This plastic, food graded (HACCP approved) Proofing Baskets do not have to be lined or heavily floured, and require virtually No Maintenance! They work beautifully, every time!
- They hold the form of your dough until such time it is ready to be put into your oven!
- Dishwasher safe, and can be used to (snap) freeze your dough in a shock freezer
- The plastic baskets also stack extremely efficiently when stored
- Made in Germany
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.