Crisco is often difficult to source from our importers. When out of stock please refer to SOLITE - which is a direct, Australian-made substitute.
There are a lot of reasons to love Crisco all-vegetable shortening – at Latorta we use it in frostings, baking, frying and sugarcraft.
- Crisco is a great alternative to butter in Buttercream recipes – it keeps the buttercream white, provides a fluffy texture and is more stable in humid and hot weather. Another bonus is that has 50% less saturated fat than butter.
- Provides moisture and non-stick qualities when used in sugarcraft projects such as moulds, gumpaste extruders, fondant rolling mats and more. It is perfect for adding to your gumpaste and pastillage recipes.
- Keeps your cakes and cookies soft, and your frosting fluffy.
- It is a favourite in pie crusts giving your pastry beautiful flaky results.
- Great for frying and baking as well – a popular ingredient in Southern Fried Chicken.
Suits a range of dietary requirements including vegan, gluten free, dairy free, Kosher and nut free.
How to substitute Crisco Shortening for butter or margarine:
1 cup of Crisco Shortening + 2 Tablespoons Water = 1 cup Butter or Margarine. (substitute for baking /frying recipes - not intended to use as a spread
Soybean Oil, Fully Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Palm Oil, Mono And Diglycerides, TBHQ And Citric Acid (Antioxidants).
- 0g Trans Fat Per Serving*
- 50% Less Saturated Fat than Butter* Crisco Shortening: 3.5g saturated fat per tablespoon. Butter: 7g saturated fat per tablespoon. Crisco Shortening contains 12g total fat per serving.
- Excellent source of ALA Omega-3 fatty acid* Contains 710mg of ALA per serving, which is 44% of the 1.6g Daily Value for ALA.
- *See Nutrition Information for Fat and Saturated Fat Content.
- Gluten Free
- Kosher Pareve
Not intended for use as a spread.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.