Dowels are an essential item when creating tiered cakes, including double barrel cakes.
The large poly dowels are suited to be used as a central dowel to assist with the alignment of multi tiered cakes, as well as providing extra security during transport of assembled tiered cakes. For added security of handling the heaviest of cakes above, fill the large dowels with 2-4 small dowels.
Team up with our Dowel Mounting Bracket for an easy central dowel structure.
- Replaces old fashion wood dowels
- Cut with secateurs/shears or strong blade.
- The patented internal ribbed design offers 4 times the holding strength of a standard bubble tea straw or inferior branded plastic dowel.
- For extra support insert 2-4 small dowels into the large dowel
- Easy to see when disassembling cake
- Hygienic and food safe
- Can also be used for gumpaste flowers- drying tube and applique
- 16 inches length.
- Hollow design allows for cake crumb to fill internally rather than being pushed either side, avoiding blow outs on the side of your cakes.
Poly-Dowels are engineered designed plastic dowels for building stacked and tiered cakes. Poly-Dowels patented channel design gives your cakes amazing stability and support while remaining very easy to cut and conform to your needs.
Poly-Dowels® are the Professional's choice for multi-tiered cake support. The small poly dowels can be inserted inside the large poly dowels which gives the Dowel impressive strength compared to other plastic dowelling systems. The beauty of the Poly-Dowels are that they allow the cake to pass through them instead of compressing the cake like conventional dowels.
The plastic that Poly Dowels are made from has been specifically engineered to hold weight. Don't risk your cake structure using bubble tea straws. Poly-Dowels are thicker, and stronger due to the unique internal ridges inside the Poly Dowel.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.