The Roberts Silky Icing Meringue Buttercream Mix has been developed in Australia and is proudly manufactured here as well.
Just follow the easy recipe that only requires you to add Water and Unsalted Butter.
A vegetable creaming shortening can also be substituted instead of butter, or used in a combination of both.
The recipe has been designed to enable the home baker to achieve a consistent, and quick result as close to a Swiss Meringue Buttercream style made from scratch.
You don't need to boil or cook the mixture beforehand, you just add water and mix and then add diced butter and mix again.!
They silky smooth icing has a lovely subtle vanilla flavour that melts in the mouth without any gritty or sugary aftertaste.
The mix can also be flavoured and coloured.
400g of Dry Mix, will easily cover a 8" Round cake, or enough to ice 24 cupcakes.
Dry mix can be used 200g at a time, and any unused dry mix can be stored for later use.
Mixture can be piped or spread and holds firm if refrigerated - great to use as in between layers as well.
Ingredients: Sugar, Egg White Powder, Food Acid (330), Flavour
Allergen Statement: CONTAINS EGG
May Contain Milk, Soy and Gluten due to shared manufacturing equipment.
Directions: (see back of the packet for ratios required)
- Prepare butter by cutting into 1 cm cubes.
- Place Dry Mix and hot water in the bowl of an electric mixer (suitable only for mixers 1000 Watts and above with both whisk & paddle attachment). Hand mix with a spoon until combined. Leave to cool.
- Next, using a whisk attachment, whip on low speed for 1 minute, then turn to medium to high speed and whip for 8 minutes or until medium peaks form.
- Change to a paddle attachment and add in butter ¼ at a time whilst mixing on medium speed. Once incorporated beat on high for 10 minutes or until the mixture is thick and smooth. Note: Don't be tempted to stop before the required time, as it will impact the results. If the mixture looks like it has curdled, it hasn't, just keep beating on high for the required time as the fats need to be incorporate into the egg white mixture. If adding flavour or colour, add during the last minute of mixing.
- Spoon the buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a nozzle or spread directly onto the cake.
Any unused made up silky buttercream icing, can be stored in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.