We are all a-buzz with the fault line cake trend and we think this one is the bee's knees. Our super chic black ganache fault line reveals golden honeycomb oozing with sweet honey as the bees are busy at work to share their hidden treasure with you.
In this full day class you will learn how to create a 2 tier, double barrel cake, featuring the fault line effect, filled with black ganache and decorated in our elegant golden bumblebee theme. Students can choose to customise their designs with different golds, coppers etc and top tier options. Why not team it up with one of the hexagon number acrylic toppers from Sandra Dillon Design that we sell at Latorta!!
The class is ideal for teens, beginners and intermediate cake decorators - we take you step by step through every stage.
- Learn how to make super chic black ganache
- Tort, fill and cover 2 tiers of chocolate mud cake
- Learn how to assemble and successfully stack tiers
- Utilise the correct techniques for internal structures with strength and integrity, enabling the extended height, double barrel two tiers to transport safely and securely, and the cake to cut easily when it's time to serve
- Learn the techniques behind achieving the fault line effect
- Create a stunning golden honeycomb textured panel to sit behind the fault line reveal
- Learn to use silicone moulds and cutters to create decorative elements
- Discover some different ways to paint with edible metallic micas
By the end of the class you will walk away with a fully decorated, 2 tier, double barrel chocolate mud cake to take home and share with your family and friends.
Everything is provided for you, including your ingredients, equipment, course notes and recipes. Enjoy our delicious lunch, morning and afternoon tea - special dietary needs are catered for. All you need to bring is an apron, as everything else is provided.
A gluten free cake option is available at additional charge.
The class runs from 9am and we expect to finish around 4pm, although finish times may vary depending on the speed of the group.
** Please note: our courses are designed for adults, however we understand that many children and teenagers desire to learn the art of cake decorating. The Our Fault Line cake class can be attended by a teenager (12-16 years/high school years 7-10) if they are accompanied by a supervising/assisting adult. The adult is required to assist during those tasks that require larger hands or a little extra muscle (ie rolling of fondant) and to help with social comfort. One workstation with 2 chairs is provided and 1 cake is created by the teenager (with assistance from the accompany adult). Lunch and refreshments are provided for both participants. The additional $20 fee covers the additional person for catering purposes. Please select "Teenager with Accompanying Adult" in the top part of the booking form under "1. Options". Teenagers over the age of 16 (high school year 11+12) can register for a class as an 'adult' and do not need to be accompanied.
* Design inspired by The Lovely Baker - British Columbia